Duration: 1 year and 6 months
• Create awareness among tourists about key historic areas in the city.
• Help them relate to the historic parts of the city in a more personal and intimate manner.
• Draw them to areas of rich cultural and architectural heritage which are not in their itinerary.
• Work towards increasing the number of visitors to result in heightened sensitivity of the local populace towards the historic value of settlements and encourages local communities to preserve their own heritage and inculcate a sense of pride and appreciation among them.
• Promote community-based conservation efforts involving the local population, tourists, governmental agencies as well as local organisations.